Published on May 14th, 2012 | by Ben Quy1
What You Need To Know To Play: Max Payne 3
Max Payne; a man with a past so dark and twisted he makes recent turmoil in the Middle East look like a tea party in a park with sub-par maintenance. He is back for his third outing this week, and with this being his first venture on the current console cycle, it’s time to introduce – or re-introduce – the man with nothing to lose.
Who Is Max Payne?
Max Payne, husband to a murdered wife, father to a murdered daughter and he will have his vengeance in this life or the next!… I think I might be getting him confused with someone else. Max is a good cop with a good life until he comes home to find that his wife and daughter have been killed by thugs on the street drug known as Valkyr. Following this, a tale of dark events unfold, resulting in Max going from being undercover for the DEA to him waging a one man war against the producers of the vile formula. For my money Max Payne was one of the greatest games during my childhood, though it’s probably not a game you should be playing when you are a child, as it deals with a man that the word ‘issues’ was invented for.
- Max Payne, released July 23rd 2001 on all major consoles, average score 4.5 out of 5
- Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne, released on October 14th 2003, average score 4 out of 5
- Max Payne 3, release May 18th 2012
Top Tips Heading Into Max Payne 3
- Join the Rockstar social club! If you have not joined it already from titles such as Red Dead Redemption & L.A Noire, Rockstar are going all out with it for Max Payne 3 you can join now and build your gang for Multiplayer and design your gang logo from this you can form rivalries with other gangs which will carry across into Rockstar’s next title a little game called Grand Theft Auto V.
- Watch your health! Unlike most games where health regenerates over time. In Max Payne you have to pop pills to get your health back, so always watch how many you have and only use them when you have to.
- Read this comic. Titled ‘After The Fall’, it charts the events of Max Payne 1 & 2 and also leads up to why Max is where he is for Max Payne 3.
- Max has a variety of weapons at his disposal, so make sure you use the right tools for the right situations.
What you need to know about the Max Payne 3 Multiplayer
- In handy video form!
- Part two